Wednesday, September 17, 2014

The Real Reason I Started A Blog

{Day 17}
Why I started blogging

I had tried to blog many times before. They all ended in failed attempts but I didn't give up hope. I knew it was something I wanted to do I just had to find the right time and ideas. I also needed to find other bloggers that were close to my age to really show me that teen bloggers existed.

In April of 2013 I took the plunge and decided that this would be the final time I tried to blog. If it didn't work out I was going to stop trying. Now quitting is something new to me. I hardly ever quit things and I feel like that is the reason this blog has really stayed around for over a year when the others didn't last more than 3 months.

The real reason I started blogging for the third time was because I wanted to document my life. I was in my senior year and about to start college both important years in a person's life. I believe in keeping the memories somewhere whether it is a journal, pictures, or in this case a blog. Now I haven't been the best at blogging so there are a lot of memories missing but what I have is still good. I hope to get better in the future so there will be even more memories to save.

Another reason I start blogging was because I wanted to connect with other people. I know there are other college students out there going through nursing school or just going through college in general.  Plus it seemed like fun to have "friends" on the other side of the country.

The last reason I started this blog was because I want to maybe help other people. I don't post many of my problems on here but I thought it would be nice to inspire someone with what I did post. I like the idea that something I do in my life causes others to do the same thing.

Now blogging comes with its pros and cons. I don't consider myself a true blogger because of how little I blog but I would say I still have pros and cons. Some of the pros are it helps my writing for school, it gives me a creative outlet, and it semi-forces me to do exciting things in my life. I say semi-forces because I don't always do exciting things. The cons are how much time it takes and sometimes I feel like I am talking to myself. I feel like the pros outweigh the cons a great deal and that is why I have continued to blog.

xoxo,
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment