Monday, September 15, 2014

Catholic School Girl

{Day 15} 
What it was like growing up as a catholic school girl

Not the exact uniform I use to wear but a similar one 
I believe I've mentioned on here before that I went to catholic school for 12 years. It was completely normal to me growing up for everyone to go to college school. I had very few friends who went to public school so coming to college was a little bit of a change for me. One of the things I had to learns was that there are other religions out there besides catholics and that not everyone is catholic.

Growing up I wore a uniform to class every day. It was a jumper, which looks like a dress, and a blouse. I had little saddle shoes and knee socks. Not to toot my own horn but I was pretty cute.

We went to church almost every week and on Wednesday afternoons we would sing all of the church songs to get us ready for mass. That lasted from first grade until fourth grade and than I had to move to a new school because mine closed down.

Going to catholic school meant I had stricter rules while in class. If you didn't follow the rules you'd get in big trouble. I feel like that's why I've always been such a good girl. I can remember in first grade we had what we called a pray table and if you were bad you had to sit at it.

It's hard to explain what its like to go to a catholic school because I don't know any different. What I think is normal is weird to some people.

xoxo,
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment