Monday, September 29, 2014

Mac and Cheese from Generations Before

{Day 29}
Share a recipe that has been passed down

This isn't my mom's but it looks pretty similar (Source)
The only recipe that I know of that has been passed down is our mac and cheese recipe. It came from my dad's mom and my mom now makes it all the time. It is a huge hit for everyone who has ever eaten it. My mom gave it to a few aunts and family friends but they can't make it as good as my mom ;). I'm giving this recipe to you guys to try and making. I'm telling you everyone will love it!

2 Tbsp Argo Corn Starch
1 Tsp. Salt
1/4 Tsp. Pepper
2 cups Milk
2 Tbsp. Margarine
8 oz. Shredded Cheddar Cheese, divided
8 oz. Elbow Macaroni (about 1 3/4 cups) cooked and drained

In medium saucepan combine corn starch, salt, and pepper; stir in milk until smooth. Add margarine. Stirring constantly, bring to boil over medium-high heat and boil 1 minute. Remove from heat. Reserve 1/4 cup cheese for topping. Stir in remaining cheese until melted. Add elbows. Turn into greased 2-quart casserole dish. Sprinkle with reserved cheese. Bake uncovered in 375 oven 25 minutes or until hot and bubbly.


My mom follows this measures loosely same with the time. We like out mac and cheese to have a golden brown top but some people don't so its all up to you. We also tend to add a ton of cheese to the top. That's usually my job when I'm around and I go a little overboard. But hey you can't have too much cheese!

xoxo,
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment