Wednesday, September 3, 2014

The Night My Cat Ran Away


{Day 3}
My Earliest Memory

You know when you have these memories but you're not sure if they are actual memories or dreams? I have one of them and to me it is my earliest memory.

I am standing on my front steps and my cat, Shadow, is next to me. We're both just watching the stars and enjoying the fresh air when all of a sudden is darts off the steps and down the block! I turn to my dad, who's standing behind me, and ask him to chase her. His reaction is very nonchalant and of little concern mean while I am upset and want my kitty back.

Long story short no one chases after her and we never see her again. My parents swear that was just a dream and it never happened. I swear it happened but than again I would have been 3 years old so I guess they're right.



Now if that is really just a dream I have another memory that I know and have conformation that it is real. I'm about 3 years old and my older cousin is about 5. We are in her basement playing barbies and baby dolls. My grandmother's bed is right down the hall and I frequently visit her throughout the day. There's a little doll bunk bed that has pink blankets and its my favorite things in the whole room. To me its so cool that a doll can have bunk beds!

I spent my early days at my aunt's house because she was my babysitter. Plus my cousin is only two years older than me so I had someone to play with. Other than that my memories are basically when I'm older than 10 or so.


Photo Credit: http://logos.wikia.com/wiki/Barbie
xoxo,
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment