Tuesday, September 2, 2014

A Piece of Gold


{Day 2}
My Most Prized Possession 
My Ring Today

I didn't have to put much thought into what my most prized possession is and why. There are many things I hold near and dear to my heart but this one is something that could never be replaced. It's lived on my finger for nearly 2 years now and hasn't spent a day off. I received it on October 16, 2012 in my grade school church surrounded by all of the girls that had been there since day 1.

It's my class ring. I waited months and months for it because at my school we don't get them until our senior year. Let me just say that the wait was worth it in every single aspect. The night was so much more memorable and special because of the wait.

My family and I at Ring Mass

The ring is more than just a piece of gold. It is a symbol that bonds me to all of my sisters in the class of 2013 and every single girl before and after me. Everyday I am able to show people where I come from, what I am a part of. I've seen the bond of my school community over and over again. We're there for each other through the good and the bad.

If you know the the area, than you are able to name my school just by looking at the ring. I get so many comments on how pretty it is and I believe people notice it simply because it is different. To this day I have never seen a class ring look anything like mine.

I am truly in love with a piece of gold and the meaning behind it.

xoxo,
Lauren

2 comments:

  1. What a sweet post! It's truly a gorgeous ring, I can see why you are proud of it. Thanks so much for linking up!

    ReplyDelete