Saturday, September 13, 2014

Are You My Best Friend?

Source

I never really had best friends until I got to college. There were always those people who I called "best friends" but they didn't feel like best friends. Before college started all I wanted in the friend wise aspect while in college was people I could hang out with. I didn't have high expectations because if I did I would be disappointed.

In the year I've been at college I have learned through experience what it is like to REALLY have a best friend. I have people I call my best friends and truly feel like they are my best friends. The experience has been amazing and I am so thankful everyday that they walked into my life. In all honestly I don't think they know how much they mean to me.

There are signs in my everyday life that these few girls are my best friends. Signs that really confirmed my suspicions (and no it was not them telling me).


1. You always have something to talk about. 
It could be 8 in the morning on your way to class or midnight as you're both laying in bed. And when you don't and you have that silence? It's comfortable and normal! You don't feel the need to break it.



2. You feel comfortable telling them just about anything. 
You just had an embarrassing fall that you hope no one saw? Well the best friend doesn't count and you just have to tell her so you can both laugh together. The night you spent with that boy? Yep the best friend knew it was happening and than she gets to find out every detail.


3. They make you laugh to the point of tears. 
Laughing is the best thing and the real heavy belly laughs are the best. The ones that bring tears to your eyes. Only true best friends can have tears running down your face from laughter.



4. There opinion matters the most. 
Even if 10 other people just told you their opinion on an outfit you have to find your best friend to see what she thinks. And if her opinion is different from everyone else? Well that outfit is off and something new is on.



5. If you look horrible in an outfit they tell you. 
And the best part is you don't get mad at them. You just simply change your outfit to something that looks better. Like I said their opinion matters the most.



6. They take care of you when you're sick. 
Even if they're afraid of getting sick themselves or the sight of vomit makes them nauseous they are by your side the whole time. All they want to do is make sure you have the right medicine and are taking it at the right times, are eating, and getting rest. Get this they worry about you like your mom would because lets face time they are your mom away from home.



7. Random text to them come naturally. 
You wake up at 3 in the morning with a thought on your mind? Yep you text that bestie because you just have to tell someone. This really cute guy walks past you? You text the bestie because why not. Even if your best friend is sleeping or in class they will wake up or walk out the door and be happy to hear from you.


8. You will snapchat them back no matter how much of a mess you look. 
The amount of times I've snapchatted a best friend when I've just woken up or don't have make up on is ridiculous. At least 95% of the time I am snapchatting someone it is when I love a mess. And guess what? They don't care! It feels nice to not have to look pretty for someone.


Thanks to all the people who are my best friends and have more meaning to me than words could explain. You make my days great whether we are in person or its the snapchats and text.

xoxo,
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment