Monday, February 10, 2014

College Meal Plan

I know that families meal plan all the time. It seems to work for them and I thought I would give it a try. Everyone gets a meal plan for the cafe here at school but the cafe food is not good at all! A lot of times I don't even go to the cafe for lunch or dinner. Because of those reasons and because I am tired of eating the same things, I have come up with a meal plan for the week. Keep in mind that my only cooking method is the microwave or the toaster. Some of these things are also trail runs on things. I used pinterest and things I already know to come up with this plan. I'll do a review of the plan after the weeks over.

Monday
Breakfast- Mini Bagel with butter and a pear
Lunch- Honey mustard chicken wrap and carrots
Dinner- Pasta with peas

Tuesday
Breakfast- Cereal and grapes
Lunch- Salad with chicken
Dinner- Baked potatoes, corn, and meat

Wednesday
Breakfast- Hard-boiled egg, bagel with cheese
Lunch- Pizza bagel
Dinner- Chicken and cheese quesadillas

Thursday
Breakfast- Mini pancakes and fruit
Lunch- Rice with corn, carrots, and peas
Dinner- Salad with chicken

Friday
Breakfast- Bagel with cheese
Lunch- Toasted turkey bagel with cheese
Dinner- Grilled cheese and tomatoes soup

Saturday
Break/lunch- In café
Dinner- Left overs

Sunday
Breakfast/lunch- In café
Dinner- Left overs


Shopping list
  1. Mini bagels
  2. Pears
  3. Honey mustard dressing
  4. Chicken
  5. Tortillas
  6. Salad
  7. Shredded cheese
  8. Carrots
  9. Pasta
  10. Peas
  11. Parmesan cheese
  12. Cereal
  13. Grapes
  14. Potatoes
  15. Corn
  16. Eggs
  17. Pizza sauce
  18. Mini pancakes
  19. Apples
  20. Rice
  21. Turkey
  22. Tomato soup


Other meal ideas
Mac and cheese with hot dog
Yogurt and fruit
Ham and cheese bagel
Bagel with peanut butter and bananas



Look for my review of this weekly meal plan sometime next week! We'll see how well I stick to this plan and how well everything turns out.

xoxo,
Lauren

1 comment: