Sunday, February 16, 2014

Day Sixteen: A Hard Lesson Learned

 Blog Everyday in February



I've had my fair share of hard lessons, especially in the last few months. College really teaches you and test you. I was thinking about what hard lesson I wanted to talk about for this post and I decide I am going to talk about a lesson I am still dealing with today.



Everyone had had their heart broken at least once in their lives. If you haven't had your heart broken yet it will happen. Just because it happens to everyone doesn't mean you can't try to prevent it. I learned the very hard way what it is like to have your heart broken and that you can try to lighten the blow. 

Here's just a little background on how I got my heart broken. I meet C (we're going to call him that for privacy reasons) for the first time in August in my Sociology class. It wasn't for another couple of weeks that I actually became friends with him. He was in our friend group and we were nothing but friends. Than at the end of September I gained feelings for him and the following weekend we actually started something. It lasted about a month until he felt like it was turning into a relationship so we stop everything that was going on. After a month of nothing we had a weekend where we went back to our old ways. That was at the beginning of December.

I learned through that whole ordeal that I need to make sure I know what the other person wants before I start anything. I need things to be clear with no doubt. If we want different things, than I know we shouldn't start something.

It's a hard lesson to learn and it's something that I will take with me for the rest of my life. I now know how to approach things with a boy and things in the long term. I've even tried to use my example to help other people like my roommate. I don't want anyone to have to go through the pain I have and am going through.

I hope this helps someone out there. Maybe someone else has gone through this and is reading this seeing they are not alone.

xoxo,
Lauren 

1 comment:

  1. That is such a hard lesson learned. College is where you will learn the most about yourself, have a lot of trials but also have a lot of great experiences you can never get back! I'm sorry you got your heart broken, I totally agree that if going into "something" and wanting different things is so wrong. Both parties need to make it clear what they are intending in the relationship.

    ReplyDelete