Saturday, February 1, 2014

Day One: Me!

While I was browsing around the blog world I cam across the blog Life With rMe and found out that she is doing a blog challenge for February. I had just been thinking about doing a monthly blog challenge for February to help me get back into the whole blogging feel and this is a perfect opportunity! The challenge is being run by Bailey Jean at Anchored in Love Divine. I really hope that I can complete each day. If I do complete the full month I will be so proud of myself!

 Blog Everyday in February


The first day is my story.  This is a perfect start to the challenge because I know I have new readers and followers. So here is my story.

                      


Eighteen years ago my mom received the best Mother's Day gift ever. Her first child, a girl, was born on May 14, 1995. I was 6lbs, 5ozs and had a head full of dark brown hair. For three years I was an only child and then my brother, Ryan, was born on March 12. The two of us took on the world causing trouble and having fun. Then two years after Ryan was born, we gained a sidekick, my sister Shannon, on November 21. Since then it has been the three of us fighting, and loving on each other.

I had an amazing childhood. It was filled with siblings, cousins, and friends. When it was time for me to start first grade my parents decided to send my to a Catholic school. I would spend the next 12 years of my life at a Catholic School. I meet my best friend, Becky, that year and we are still friends today after almost 13 years and both going to different colleges. When I was in fourth grade, my grade school closed down because we didn't have enough money. I went to a different Catholic school in fifth grade and graduated from there in eighth grade. When it came time to chose a high school, I made the best decision of my life.

I chose to go to an all-girls Catholic high school. Yes, I spent four years going to school with just girls and believe it or not it was the best four years of my life. They are my sisters, my family, my home away from home. In June of 2013, I graduated from that school and started my summer. Come August I would be going to college as a nursing student.

Choosing which college I would go to was extremely hard. I had such an amazing bond with my high school and when it was time to choose a college I wanted one that had the same feeling. I never found that but I did find the next closest thing. Because I go to such a small college I can't tell you the name but I can tell you that I love it there. It's just the right size and distance from home.

I meet one of my best friends at college. Well, I went to grade school and high school with her but we never talked. Come college we were put together as roommates and now I couldn't imagine life without her.

So that's the story of my life so far. It's not very interesting but its me.

xoxo,
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment