Saturday, October 18, 2014

Shhhhh!

{Day 18}
Share A Secret About You

Source 

Well if I tell you guys one of my secrets than its not a secret anymore. But since I'm so nice I'll tell you one secret that not many people know about me. Now before I tell this secret I want everyone to know that I hardly ever talk about it. I can count on one hand how many people know this secret and it took me almost 3 years before I even opened my mouth and told people. As of right now my best friend knows and one girl who I am no longer friends with knows. It is taking a lot of courage for me to tell you guys.

My sophomore year of high school was the worst year of my life. I suffered with depression that I told no one about. Not a single person knew. Now I wasn't actually diagnosed with depression by a doctor but I believe that is what I had for a year. All I did was sleep and when I wasn't sleeping that's all I wanted to do. School was extremely hard for me. I was so unhappy going.

I can remember the first day of my sophomore year. My friend and I were walking to the bus and I just started crying that's how bad I didn't want to go. I had little to no friends and every single hour spent in school was hell. There were times in class where I was fighting tears because something had happened or someone had said something to me.

The worst part was I thought about taking my life on multiple occasions. One time in particular is so ethiced into my brain that I feel like it happened yesterday. I am so grateful that I never went ahead with my thoughts. I am so proud of myself for fighting through that time and for being here today.

There are times where I feel myself start to slip back into that person again but I fight it. I refuse to go back to that time. It gets hard but I never give up.

Now you know my deepest darkest secret. You now more than most people in my life! 

The Daily Tay

xoxo,
Lauren 

No comments:

Post a Comment