Tuesday, October 7, 2014

10 Things I'd Tell Baby Blogging Lauren

{Day 6}
10 Things You'd Tell Yourself When You Started Blogging

1. You will hit speed bumps and writers block at completely random times.
I didn't expect to hit so much writer's block and at such random times! Most of the time I'm not blogging is because I have bad writer's block or at the rare times its because I'm busy.

2. Blogging takes time and lots of it!
I didn't know that blogging would take as much time as it does. I need to spend at least an hour on each blog post and that's just the beginning of it. Some days I will spend hours a day working on blog posts so I am ready for the week.

3. You should really get use to taking pictures. 
I hated pictures and hardly ever took them. Actually I hardly ever take them now! But when you're a blogger you really should take pictures because it makes your posts look good. 

4. When you get inspiration write it down! 
I can't even tell you how many times I've gotten this sudden burst of inspiration and thought I would remember it later. Than later comes and I don't causing me to be really sad. Now I write it down no matter where I am or what I am doing. 

5. Communicate with other bloggers
Comment on their blogs, send them emails, follow them on twitter or any social media, answer the comments they leave on your blog, really anything! I am not the best at this but I try my hardest with my busy lifestyle. 

6. Blog for you and no one else.
If you are blogging because you feel like you have to and not because you want to than your posts won't be good. And you will hate blogging. Do it for you and only you!

7. Schedule post ahead of time.
It will take so much stress off of you and the post will turn out better in the end. 

8. Don't stress of you haven't posted in a while.
People get busy and stressed and stressing about your blog is not going to help you at all. It's ok to take a break. 

9. Write about what interest you.
If you aren't interested in what you're writing about than you won't be happy and it won't end up good. Be pleasant about your blog! 

10. Never give up!
I have started and stopped blogging so many times but in the end I never gave up and I am so glad I didn't. It is so worth everything to be blogging. 

The Daily Tay
xoxo,
Lauren

2 comments:

  1. I love this advice that you would give your beginning blogging self!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know you commented! Sorry I'm getting to it so late. Thanks! I need to take this advice now sometimes haha

      Delete