Monday, October 13, 2014

10 Years From Now

{Day 8}
Letter To Yourself In 10 Years

Background Source 
I love writing letters to the future me! I think it’s the coolest thing to write a letter and than open in some many years later. You get to see how much has changed in your life. This letter is for 10 years down the road. Ten years! That’s a whole lot of time!

In 10 years I will be 29 years old. By that point I hope to be a nurse with a husband, a few kids, a dog or two, and a nice house. I want to have my life completely together by this point. Honestly speaking it scares me to think about my life 10 years from now. I’ll be 29! Out of college with an actual adult life! That would scare any college student!

Anyway I have a little advice for my future self.

Dear 29 year old Lauren,
          Girl its been 10 years since you wrote this letter! Ten years ago when you were a sophomore in college writing this in your 8am statistics class. The fact that you were even thinking about your life in 10 years scared you especially since you were in the middle of your fun and free life. Twenty-nine seemed so old to you! But I have some advice from the younger Lauren. I'm just not sure how good this advice will be. 

Twenty-nine isn't that old really it isn't. Yeah it's older than the college student but at this point in your life you have what you've been dreaming of since you were a little girl. You are a mom and wife and a nurse! You have a house and your life together. Everything you wanted growing up. 

Now I'm just guessing you have everything together because knowing you you have your life together. You work for what you want and this is exactly what you want. With complete confidence I can tell you that you are a nurse. You have worked so hard to become one so I know that you are a nurse. 

And if you don't have your life together that's ok with me. A lot of this is just big general dreams and life throws things at you that you didn't expect. Plus I know commitment scares you so I wouldn't be shocked if you didn't have a husband. Now if you don't have kids I'd be a little shocked. It's just something you've wanted since you were a little girl. Please have at least one kid by now! 

Really the only things I want for you at the rip age of 29 is to be a happy and healthy nurse. Oh and one kid wouldn't hurt either. 

                                                                                  xoxo,
                                                                                                              19 year old Lauren 

I really hope I come back and look at this when I'm 29 years old and see how true all this is. Maybe I should write myself a reminder to check!

The Daily Tay

xoxo,
Lauren 



No comments:

Post a Comment