Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Staying Organized In Class

In order to do well in school you really need to be organized. If you have a mess desk or school bag it's hard to find things. If you just have papers thrown everywhere you will lose things, sometimes important things.

With the new semester starting I thought I would give my readers a few tips on how to stay organized throughout the semester. Staying organized is the key to success.



1. Use a planner
Planners are my life. I write everything down in them from school work to sorority events to daily reminders. My planner with this year is one from Target and my planner from last year was a Lilly Pulitzer planner. I will probably switch over to a Lilly Pulitzer planner in August.

2. Write all your assignments down in your planner right away
As soon as I print out my syllabus I write down every assignment, test, paper, and quiz for the whole semester on the day it is due. I never forget anything or have to worry about going back and looking at my syllabus.

3. Have one binder to keep all your general class information in
I have a binder where I put the syllabus for each class along with a grade tracker and an overview sheet of each class. Its easy for me to see my grades in one place and for me to be able to take out the binder if I need to look up say a professors office hours.

4. Have one copybook and one folder for each class
I don't like to mix my papers from multiple classes in the same folder. It gets confusing and mess. If you have one for each you can stay organized.

5. Color code each class
At the beginning of the semester I pick one color for each class. I then get a folder and copybook for that class. I also write all of assignments in my planner in the matching color. at the beginning it can be hard to remember but class is what color but within a week I have it down.

6. Make a weekly to do list
I like to make a list on Sunday night of all of the assignments I have due that week. It makes me less overwhelmed because I am only looking at a weeks worth of assignments and if I need to I can look just at one day. Some weeks I make the list on Wednesday or Thursday that way I can work on it over the weekend.

These are just the main things that keep me organized throughout the semester. When you have a busy schedule and a lot on your mind it is key to stay organized. Tell me any tips you have to stay organized throughout the semester. I am always open to new ideas!

xoxo,
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment