Friday, January 9, 2015

First "Dive" of 2014

If you read my post a few days ago than you know my word for 2015 is dive. I want to stop overthinking things and just do them. Well, yesterday I took my first "dive" of 2015. I cut all my hair off!



This is something I have been thinking about for almost 5 years now. I have always wanted to cut and donate my hair but never had the courage to do it. For the past few months I have been talking about cutting it and wanting to cut it a whole lot more. To be honest if I had scissors I would have had my hair cut months ago.







December 26 I told myself I was cutting my hair before I went back to school. There was no way I was backing out of it. All I needed was a hair appointment and I'd be set. I thought about it every single day. Like is this the last time I will have a braid? Is this the last bun?

I didn't tell a single soul. Not my friends. Not even my mom who went with me to get it cut. I was afraid of telling people and than changing my mind or feeling like I had to cut my hair after I told people. It took so much pressure off of me.



I love my new hair cut. It makes me look so much more mature and it looks amazingly healthy. Everyone has been loving it so much. Some many people were shocked because I haven't had short hair since pre-highschool but it was a happy shocked.

I'm glad I did it. It makes me so happy that I did something different and went for it.

New Year, New Me

xoxo,
Lauren

6 comments:

  1. Your new haircut looks so great! Isn't it such a good feeling when you have a head full of healthy hair!? Great first dive, you're off to such a good start!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes! The healthy hair is amazing

      Delete
  2. Your hair looks great, super cute!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're hair looks so cute short! I love the word Dive for the year as well! Good luck this semester!
    xoxo,
    Em

    ReplyDelete