Tuesday, January 6, 2015

How To Do Well In College

For many people the spring semester starts in the week to come. I know I will be back to hitting the books come 9 am Monday morning! Last semester I did extremely well and I also did extremely well in my summer classes. My grades really improved since my first year of college and I think that has to do, in part, with the changes I made to my study and life habits. I'm here to share some of my tips for doing well this semester.


1. Stay organized
A messy room leaves for a messy life. It's that simply. In order for me to stay on top of things I need to stay organized. Tomorrow I will tell you my detailed tips on how to stay organized for class. Look out for that.

2. Stop procrastinating  
I know everyone says this but its true! I started doing my assignments a few days before they were due and the difference it made was amazing. For one, I was less stressed and two, things were done faster and they were also done better because I wasn't rushing to finish them.

3. Read the textbook! 
I never read the textbook because it was always boring and took so much time. Than I started reading the textbook and I understood things better. I was able to keep it up for more than half the semester and I would that my grades were better when I read the textbooks than when I didn't.

4. Find a place to study 
Some people can only study or do homework in the library. Others can sit at their desk in their room and do homework just fine. I didn't really have a problem doing homework this semester in my room but last year I could only get work done at the library. Find that one place that works for you and go there the whole semester!

5. Cut out distractions
This was probably my biggest change from last year to this year. I got rid of things and people that distracted me from my work. If your friends are distracted to you don't do your work with them. If you are distracted by your phone but it away in a place you can't see it and won't hear it.

I hope everyone has a good semester. If you have any tips on how to do well this semester that I missed tell me in the comments below!

xoxo,
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment