Sunday, January 11, 2015

Spring 2015 Goals



I start the Spring semester tomorrow and I am both nervous and happy about this. This is going to be a hard semester for me and it makes me super scared. I like to start each semester with a set of goals for the next coming months. The goals are about both my school work and my life in general.

I’m not one to make New Year’s Resolutions so this is what I do instead. I make resolutions for the semester.

1. Call mom less
I have a tendency to call my mom multiple times a day for no reason. I’ve decided that I will only call her once a day at the end of the day. It will be good for me not to talk to her as much.

2. Go to the library at least once a week.
I only went to the library 4 times and those times were during finals week. Really, I didn’t need to sit at the library because I was able to get my work done in my room. In this semester I think I will go to the library at least once a week to get me into the habit of doing work there and to hopefully get done more work than in my room.

3. Put my phone away when I am doing work
I always have my phone put when I am doing work or studying. It than causes me to not put 100% into my work and be distracted. I plan to have my phone with me but away and on silent. If that doesn’t work I will start to either leave it in my room while I am at the library or turned off and in a drawer while I am in my room.

4. Become more private
I have a problem where I tell everyone everything about my life. It can be good, at times, to be so open but than again you have to have a line that shouldn’t be crossed. Next semester I hope to keep everything to myself and only share some things with close friends.

5. Stop using phone in class
This is a huge one and if I only follow one of these resolutions I hope it is this one. I have a problem of using my phone in class and not paying attention. It causes my grades to not be as high. I will be putting my phone in my bag, on silent, and if that doesn’t work I will start to leave it in my room.


Let me know what your resolutions are whether it is for the New Year or the semester and if you have any tips for completing mine.

xoxo,
Lauren

2 comments: