Friday, December 12, 2014

Underrated Christmas Movies

Christmas is one of my favorite times of the year and I always get so excited for ABC Family's 25 days of Christmas. The channel is on my tv from the time the movies start at night until they start playing the 700 club. I watch some of the movies over and over again but there are some movies that just don't get enough love. Here is a list of my top 15 underrated Christmas movies.

1. Prancer (1989)
Source
Who doesn't love a movie about a reindeer? Prancer is the heartwarming story about a little girl who finds a hurt reindeer in the woods and nurses it back to health. I hardly ever see this movie played and many people have never heard about it before. I'm still waiting patently to catch this movie on tv.

2. Eloise at Christmastime (2003)
Source
Yes this is a Disney movie and yes it is for little kids but nothing is for children at Christmas time. Who doesn't want to be this little girl with a whole hotel at their hands and all the money they could ask for? I know I do! This was the first Christmas movie I watched this season and you can usually find it on Disney Channel.


3. The Christmas List (1997)
Source
The Christmas List is about a store clerk who gets everything on her wish list and learns a valuable lesson in the process. I see this movie maybe once a season but its such a nice and meaningful movie. Everyone should know what Christmas is all about.


4. Frosty Returns (1992)
Source
Frosty the Snowman is a extremely popular Christmas character and everyone knows his story but I don't think people know he has more than one movie. Frosty comes back during the winter to visit his old friends. Frosty Returns is one of my favorite cartoon Christmas movie and I actually think I like it more than the original.


5. Jack Frost (1998)
Source
Although the snowman in this movie may be scary I still find it extremely cute. A dad is killed in a car accident and comes back as a snowman on his front year. I really wish it was played more often because its just so cute!

6. Snow Globe (2007)
Source
You'll find this movie on ABC Family sometime during the holiday season. This is a great movie about a woman who is transported into a snow globe where it is Christmas everyday. The movie is so cherry and uplifting with a  little romance involved. 


7. Unaccompanied Minors (2006)
Source
I have to say I have never seen this movie played on tv over Christmas time. I honestly can't even remember the last time I saw this movie but its still such a great movie. A bunch of kids are snowed in an airport over Christmas time. 

8. Christmas with the Kranks (2004)
Source
I wish I lived in a neighborhood like this! After a couple decides to skip Christmas this year because their daughter is no going to be around they get a shocking surprise that she will be home for Christmas. Watch what the neighborhood does to help. This is one of the comical Christmas movies out there.


9. Holiday in Handcuffs (2007)
Source
After a woman has to go home for Christmas she kidnaps an unsuspecting man to pose as her boyfriend. Of course there is a little romance and a little Christmas cheer. I'm always a sucker for romance movies.


10. Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer and The Island of Misfit Toys (2001)
Source
This Rudolph is a much more modern movie than the original. Although I like the older movies a lot more this will always be a favorite of mine. Its really cute with all of the little toys running around.


11. Rudolph's Shiny New Years (1976) 
Source
A much older Rudolph and not the original story but still a great one. Rudolph has to help find baby New Year after he runs away. I think my favorite part is the different time periods they go to looking for the cute little baby.


12. Deck the Halls (2006)
Source 
Deck The Halls is about two fathers who start a competition to see who has the births and most light house. It ends up driving their families away. I love how into the lights they are and I find myself laughing at parts.


There's a nice list of Christmas movies everyone should check out! If you have any suggestions for me leave them below. Have a happy day!

xoxo,
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment