Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Apple Pie Crescent Rolls

I saw this fun, easy recipe on youtube and had to try it. You can also find it over on Pinterest. It's an apple pie crescent roll. And in true blogger fashion I had to stop baking and take pictures for you. I'll tell you the problems I ran into and give you some tips along the way.

If you aren't a baker or just always mess something up like me than this is perfect for you. There's hardly any real baking involved.

Supplies
1-2 Apples
1 Pack of Crescent Rolls
1 Tbsp of Sugar
1 Tbsp of Cinnamon 
3 Tbsp of Brown Sugar
3 Tbsp of Butter, Melted

I started by peeling and cutting the apples into slices. You don't have to peel them I just wanted to. I used red apples. 

Mix together the sugar and cinnamon. I cut the recipe in half and used 2 tbsp of each but it was way too much. I would recommend 1 tbsp of each.

Spray your baking pan with non-stick spray and lay your crescent rolls out. 

Put a little melted butter on the crescent rolls and try not to over do it. 


Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar mix on the crescent rolls and than the brown sugar. I didn't put a whole ton but wish I had put more.


Add the apples and roll them into crescent rolls. 


Put a little more butter on top of the crescent rolls and then some cinnamon sugar and brown sugar. 

Bake at 350 degrees for about 13-15 minutes. I tried 15 minutes and had to put mine in for another 5 minutes until they were done. 

And I didn't take a picture of the finished product! Everyone ate them before I remembered I need a picture. The apples were soft and juicy and the rolls were crispy. It was so easy to make and they turned out so good. I would make more than one pack because 8 really isn't a lot. I would also recommend getting the bug and fluffy crescent rolls instead of the original ones. 

If you try this recipe let me know. I would love to see what you did and how yours turned out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment