Tuesday, December 30, 2014

New Year's Letter

Source
Last New Years Eve I started a new tradition with myself. I write myself a letter to be opened on New Year's Day the following year. To be honest I would have completely forgotten about the letter if it wasn't for me deep cleaning my room when I came home for break. I have yet to read the letter because, well, its not New Year's Day and I don't even remember what the letter is about.

What exactly do I write in these letters? 
Well since I can't remember exactly what I wrote last year I am just going to write what I feel is right this year. Since it is being opened on January 1, 2016 I am going to write a letter that gives myself advice for the 2016 year. The advice will be based on what I learned in 2014. Since I always look back on the previous year I will write about not beating myself up and to only look at the good. Then I will write about my hopes for 2015 and some goals. I'll let myself know that no matter what 2015 was like, good or bad, I made it through.

Why do I do it? 
I want something to remind me of the past year and get me ready for the year ahead. It's something fun it open and do in the new year. I'll be able to collect them and look back on them. Plus I love writing and love writing letters that I never send out.

I know this is a little confusing to understand with all the different years. I had to really think about it to understand. If you write a letter of any sort let me know! I would love to hear of what other people say. 


Xoxo,
Lauren

4 comments:

  1. That's such a great idea. Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a cool idea! May have to steal with idea :) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! It's so fun to write and read. Happy New Year!

      Delete