Monday, December 29, 2014

2015 365 Motivational Jar

I have a confusion to make. I am obsessed with jars, mason jars to be specific. I have a ton of them around my dorm room holding different things from hair ties to cords. I decorate them to because what crafter wouldn't?!

I was on pinterest and keep seeing this jars for the new year like writing down your memories and putting them in the jar. I thought it was so cool but want to take it a step farther. I decide I was going to make a jar filled with 365 notes to keep me motivated each day. 

This little project is so simple. You do not need to be crafty at all to do it. It is a little time consuming because you need to find 365 quotes/pictures and than write them out. 


Supplies
Jar
Paper either computer, loose leaf, construction, or scrapbook 
Markers, Pens
Scissors 
Print and Ink (If you choose to include pictures)

Optional
Tape
Ribbon 
Puffy Paint 
Other decorative supplies 

First collect all of the quotes and pictures you want to use. If you want to save yourself time you can go to my pinterest board and use the things I have there. Not all 365 quotes/pictures are there because I found few on tumblr. If you want those extra quotes I can always give them to you. 



Than either hand write, print the pictures directly, or type the quotes up and print them. I chose to hand write mine on construction paper because I felt like it would be better to see my own hand writing when I saw the quotes. 




After writing or printing them out cut them all out. Make sure you don't have an duplicates. I did this by putting all of the quotes in groups of each letter by the first letter of the first word in the quote. I may be a perfectionist. 



What you do next is up to you. You can either just fold the paper or you can roll them and tape them like I did or use ribbon on them. I liked the look of them rolled up more than them folded. 



I decorated the jar and wrote on it. I didn't like it plain. Here's the finished product and I can't wait to pick a little note out every day of 2015. 

You are going to need a pretty big jar for all the notes. It doesn't have to be a mason jar. I didn't use one. I just used a regular glass jar we had around our house. Before you finish the jar completely I would make sure that there is exactly 365 notes. I didn't have enough and had to make more. I ended up having more than 365 but that's ok. I can just open all the rest on New Year's Eve. 

If you make a jar like this or have another idea let me know! I would love to see them. Here's to a motivational year.

xoxo,
Lauren

5 comments:

  1. Umm love this idea too! :) Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! I love it! Now I must find a cute jar!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Find a jar and make one! It was so fun and its a great way to start your day.

      Delete
  3. This is a great idea I am going to do this for my boy friend

    ReplyDelete