Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Top 14 Moments of 2014

I spent the last few days looking back at 2014 and my favorite moments of 2014. It's a lot harder than you think! Here are the absolute best parts of 2014 with the best people around.

Source
1. Getting my pref into my sorority
People may think it is weird that my preference is a top moment of 2014 for me and not my bid. The way I got my pref is what makes it a top moment for me. I had heard my sorority at a girl down the hall’s door and than I didn’t hear them come to me. My first thought was that I wasn’t getting one and I wouldn’t be getting into the sorority. Than they knocked on my door and I was shocked and excited.


2. My birthday surprise from my roommate
My roommate from last year was the best. She surprised me with a little birthday party the last night we were at school together. I had no idea that she was doing it even though she had all our friends in on it. I made a post about it here


3. When everyone was at my house after my grandma passed
Although it was a sad time, it will always be a moment I never forget. My house was packed with all of my family. Before they came we ran around and cleaned like mad people. There was so much love and support in our teeny, little row home. Something I will never forget from that time is my uncle picking me up from school and my cousin taking me back. To me it was just an act of love. Family is everything to me.


4. Hiding from my RA with my roommate
This happened not too long before we left for winter break. My roommate of this year and I hid from our RA by turning off all the lights and music. Why were we hiding? Because we had Christmas lights, a tree, and a table from the lounge in our room and we’re not allowed to have them. Our RA was walking around knocking on doors. This whole ordeal lasted about 2 hours during which we took tons of snapchat videos and even said our new catch phrase, I spy some chicken.

Source
5. Finishing anatomy 2 and getting an B
I spent all summer going to class. I’m not being dramatic when I saw whole summer either it was 12 weeks plus an extra week at the beginning before I switched schools. For 3 out of the 6 weeks of Anatomy 2 I was failing. The class was so much harder than Anatomy 1 and I really didn’t think I was going to get a C. I ended up with a B and was so happy I cried.


6. Finding out my grades for fall semester
I worked all semester to get good grades and ended up with grades that were better than I thought I was going to receive. The pride I have for completing that semester is amazing. It made 2014 amazing.

Source
7. When my grandma told the nurses I was going to be a nurse one day
My grandma told nurses multiple times that I was going to be a nurse one day and she always did it with pride. Every single time I feel like quitting I think of those moments. I think of how much faith she had in me and I keep going.


8. Getting my Big Spir
Many people might think that getting my Big for my sorority was a bigger moment for me than my Spir but it wasn’t. Not that getting my Big wasn’t a huge part of my year its just that deep down I knew it was her. I wasn’t extremely surprised. Now when I got my Spir I was shocked and didn’t even have a guess as to whom it was.

Source
9. Going out to the outlet mall with my mom
At the beginning of the summer I was going to a community college that was an hour and a half away. It was right by the outlet malls that I had never been to. When I was switching over to a community college closer to me I had to go to my regular college and a bunch of different other places. I ended up getting to the community college really early so my mom and I had dinner and walked around the mall.

Source
10. Ordering my scrubs
Although it was pouring rain and I had to keep going to the ATM to get money out, the experience made me one step closer to becoming a nurse. A friend and I laughed as we tried on scrubs in the big handicap stall making fun of the way they fit.  



11. Family reunion
We had less than a month to plan for the reunion and at times it was stressful and pure chaos but I wouldn’t change that day for anything. I saw most of my mom’s side of the family. We swam, played baseball, and had a moon bounce. Everyone had an amazing time and the next weekend when we saw them again we set a date for next year.

Source
12. Playing football with my cousin
I’m not close with some of my cousins because of age differences but I had a really nice time throwing a football with one of my younger cousins, Cullen. I feel like we bonded a little. Him and me were the oldest there and just kept throwing a football back and forth over the pool. To my whole family’s surprise I can actually throw a football.

13. Our underwear line
My friends Miranda, Erika, Jill, and I all decide while sitting in our lounge that we were going to make a underwear line and sell it. The long week and all the work were finally getting to us and I have to say we definitely lost our minds but made a memory in the moment.

Source
14. Watching The Hunger Games for the first time

Now it wasn’t the fact that I was watching The Hunger Games for the first time it was how I watched it. My friends Jill, Erika, Joann, Jeannie, and I all decided to watch the movie in my room. I asked a million questions and talked the whole time. It was dysfunction at its finest but than again we are always dysfunctional. It was a perfect example of how we are as a group.


xoxo,
Lauren 

No comments:

Post a Comment