Thursday, May 8, 2014

With Pain Comes A Lesson

This Wednesday was the three week mark of my grandmother's funeral. Life has gotten back to normal as much as it can. I went back to school and my family went back to work. Being at school has really made me immune to my grandmother's death. Because I'm not home where everyone is experiencing the same pain I am I don't have it always on my mind. I have my moments where I miss her so much. Part of my thinks I am in shock that she's gone. It's almost as if I can't believe she is gone.


In this whole experience I have learned so much. So much that I will take with me for the rest of my life.

Family is there no matter what
You can lose someone at any moment. 
It's ok to cry. 
Holding everything in is not good for you. 
Some professor don't care that your grandmother died. 
In times of need your true friends shine through. 
It's easy to forget things when you are busy. 
I'll take a full house on an 80 degree day with no air conditioner over anything. 
Snapchat is a great way to stay in touch with the friends you haven't seen in a week. 
Simple text can make a person's day. 
Funerals bring people together in ways you couldn't even imagine. 
I'm so proud of my family and who we have become.

I wish I had a learned all of this lessons for a different reason. I wish my family could have come together for a different reason. Losing someone is never easy but with time it hurts less.

xoxo,
Lauren 

2 comments:

  1. With time it does hurt less, it's been 2 months since we lost my grandpa. It's not an easy journey, but i'm getting through it and you will also!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely not easy but we are both strong girls and we will get through it!

      Delete