Friday, May 9, 2014

Packing Away Your Life!!

My little blog hiatus is the result of a busy end of the semester. I had my last week of classes and had a lot to get done in a short amount of time. I was also a week behind in all of my classes because of my grandmother's funeral. Technically I was in finals week but by some stroke of luck I had no finals. Yep you read that right, no finals. The only class I would have had a final for would have been anatomy but I dropped that so I had no finals. I did have a paper due on Wednesday but that wasn't really a big deal. I spent this week at school relaxing and getting a little final friend time in before we all leave for the summer.

I wasn't going home until today but on Monday my dad came because I woke up with pink eye on Sunday and he had to bring me different eye drops. It was really bad on top of being sick with a sinus infection. It's funny because the girl next door to me also woke up with pink eye on Sunday. I sent a lot of things home with him that day. Most of my clothes and everything I wasn't going to need for the week. 



Since I packed up most of my room and moved most of my stuff out except for the bigger things I thought I would give you some packing tips. Hopefully these will make your leave less stressful. 

Start packing and sending things home early. 
I started sending things home about three weeks before I actually left school. It helped a lot because it was a few little trips instead of one big trip. I am a lot less stressed leading up to Friday. 

Keep everything that is staying until the end in one place. 
I had all of my clothes in different drawers but I moved them all to one drawer to make sure I don't forget anything. I also moved anything I was keeping in my desk to one drawer. 

Start eating the food in your dorm room instead of eating in the cafe. 
I have a lot of food that I am going to have to take home with me. It would be even more if I keep eating at the cafe or somewhere else. It's even better to eat the food in your fridge because that is hard to take home. 

Use containers to pack. 
I found it a lot easier to use a large container to put stuff in than small bags. It was less to carry to the car. 

Keep the stuff on your walls until the very end. 
This tips is really just for the people who are sad to leave. I am leaving all of my paintings and pictures up until the very last day because than it won't feel like I am leaving. Packing up the things in my drawers was easy because I can't see in them but the things on the walls I look at every day. 

I hope these tips help you pack up as move out. It's never a fun task packing up your life and moving it especially if you don't want to leave. 

Xoxo,
Lauren 

6 comments:

  1. These are great tips! I commuite so I don't have to worry about packing but these are good to share with all of my dorming friends.
    Natalie @findingmyownvoice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Sometimes I wonder what it would be like to commute

      Delete
  2. My least favorite part of packing up my dorm is taking everything off the walls, it no longer feels like my room without my pictures and stuff. Great tips!
    xoxo,
    Emma.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! All of the things hanging up were what made it mine. I freaked out when my friends tried to take it down the dat before haha. Thanks!

      Delete
  3. Great tips! I have finals this week, but since I went home this weekend I took most of my stuff home so this week we can clean and then take rest of the stuff home Thursday!! My room is so bare, bitter sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It really is bitter sweet! Just wait until every single thing is out and you turn around to see what it looks like! It's pretty depressing!

      Delete