Wednesday, May 8, 2013

#BlogEveryDayInMay Day 7: Shopping Carts, Escalators, and Bees Oh My!

Day 7: The thing(s) you're most afraid of

God two of the things I am afraid of are really embarrassing. Two of the things (not the same two) are fears I have from experience. Everyone is probably going to laugh at me but here they are.

Shopping Carts- Yes shopping carts. I know it is probably the stupidest fear ever but I have a reason. When I was in about 6th grade I had an accident with a shopping cart. My mom, sister, brother, and I all went to Kohl's to shop. My sister got one of the shopping carts to use even though my mom told her we really didn't need it. We were walking and she was behind me when she ran my foot over. I don't know how she did it. I guess she wasn't paying attention or something. The whole back of my ankle was missing sick and bleeding every where (gross I know!). We didn't realize how bad it was at first but then we say that I couldn't walk. we end up leaving before we finished shopping it was that bad. For 2 weeks after that I couldn't really bend my foot, and had to wear huge band aides. Needless to say I am a mess around shopping carts. I start freaking out but you can't tell from the outside. It gets so bad that I have to go into an aisle or against a wall until the shopping cart passes me.

Escalators- I kind of have a love-hate relationship with these. I can go up them but I have a panic attack when I have to go down them. I can't get one foot on the step and then the other one before it starts a new step. I always end up with one foot on the steps and the other one on the ground causes a split affect. It's horrible. I'm also afraid to fall do it because of the height. If I can I will find steps or an elevator but a lot of the times I can't. You know those moments where you don't want to do something so bad you just keep waiting and waiting? Well that's me with escalators.

Bees- Bees are the other things I have a fear of from experience. I was little when it happened, probably 2nd or 3rd grade. I was at my babysitters and me and a friend had just had a picnic outside. My mom came to pick me up so I picked up the towel I was using to sit on and walk to her. I had no shoes on and was talking with my mom when I stepped in a bee. What happened was the bee was on the grass and I put my towel on it. The bee was smushed but not killed and when I picked the towel out it fell onto the ground. I screamed and cried it hurt so much! They put cold mud on it but it didn't really help. Now when a bee comes near me I freak out and run. I'm so afraid of them.

There are my fears. You may be asking, "Is she a drama queen?" Yeah I kind of an but those are my true fears and that's just how I deal with them.

I'm know this is a day late but I'm a little behind on blogging.







Xoxo,
Lauren









No comments:

Post a Comment