Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Saying Goodbye



The reason I have not been posting on here is because my grandma passed away on Friday after a long 3 months in the hospital because of a brain aneurysm. I've had a hard time dealing with it but to my surprise it hasn't been as bad as I thought. Maybe it was because I was preparing myself or maybe its because it hasn't hit me all the way yet. It could also be because I have been extremely busy since it all happened.

Saturday we went to my grandma's house and cleaned it out. To get there, clean it out, and come back it took us 5 hours. We then had to get something for me to wear because I had nothing. BY the time that was all done it wad after 9pm and we had to clean our whole house from top to bottom for 30+ people to come over the next day. The next day we ran around to get things done for when people came. Then everyone was at my house until about 8:30 and I had to go back to school for the day. Monday I went to classes and then my uncle picked me up and we went back to my house. For the second night in a row my family came over for us to do the picture boards.

Tonight was her viewing and tomorrow is her viewing and funeral. I'm not sure how I will take it tomorrow. Besides it being her funeral it will be an extremely long day. We have to be at the funeral home at 8 and we won't get home until some time after the lunch in that will not be until after 3 or 4.

Maybe in the next few days I will write up a post that is directed at my grandma, almost like a letter. I don't have the time or energy to do it now. I did paint a picture for her coffin and wrote a letter with it.  I'm in love with how it came out.



Hopefully I will get back to posting regularly when everything calms down.

xoxo,
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment