Sunday, August 24, 2014

This Year's Dorm Ideas!!

I love decorating and coming up with new ideas so moving into a dorm room is so much fun for me. There a brand new room for me to decorate however I want. I've been thinking and pinning ideas all summer. Actually I started coming up with ideas before I even left campus for the summer! Crazy but I was just too excited.

Well I'm moving in today and have decided I want to do things a little differently this year than last. Now I know there is a high possibility that things won't go as planned because let's be realistic here nothing goes planned for me. I can still dream though!

Keeping my bed as low as possible. 
My bed last year

Last year I had no choice but to raise my bed as high as I could. We had no room and I had a lot of stuff. The bed came up to about my hips, which isn't too bad but is still high. My goal going in is to have as little things under my bed as possible.

Less things on the wall

I had a ton of paintings and pictures up. Actually both my roommate and I covered almost every inch of our walls. I want it to look less clutter this year and I really don't have a ton of things to put up.

I would love the window side of the room. 
Last year I was on the wall side across from the window and it was perfect but this year I really want to window side. Its a dark room and I need the nature light to survive mentally so I want to get as close to the window as possible.

Keep my desk clutter free.

I had hardly any space to put things last year so my desk really got cluttered. There was a ton of pictures and boxes. Everything was piled up and just didn't look good. If I have a dresser to use I will definitely have less clutter.

My theme is pink and gold ONLY!
I tried to keep my theme with just pink last year but ended up picking things that didn't match. This year I am staying with the pink theme and adding in gold. Pink is my favorite color and I love pink and gold together. As for my roommate I am not sure what she has planned.


I am also hoping my roommate and I each get a dresser and closet because that will help us a lot. Really I have zero control over that and it depends on what the school gives us. Hopefully there will be a room tour up soon. I'll do it as soon as everything is in its place.

xoxo,
Lauren

4 comments:

  1. I love the minimalist theme that you have throughout all of these ideas. Sometimes less really does look better. Less clutter, less decor, and less colors in your room will look so great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Whenever I get my act together I'll have a room tour up!

      Delete
  2. Looks like a good list, I just moved into my dorm today!!

    ReplyDelete