Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Moving Back To School

I move back to school in 4 days! It's hard to believe that is long, challenging, and rewarding summer is coming to an end. In all honestly I feel like I never had a summer but that's ok because it makes going back to school after 4 months a little bit easier. I was thinking about what I'm excited to get back to and what I am dreading on getting back to come August 24.

Exciting Things!

Being free again!
Living at college has given me so much freedom and moving back home for the summer took that away. I'm excited to get back to not having my parents around all the time and having the freedom to just go without having to tell anyone.

My friends are a 2 minute walk away instead of a 45 minute drive. 
This year all of my friends are in different buildings and parts of campus but since are campus is so small they are a 2 minute walk away. I haven't been able to see my friends all that much because of work, school, and distance. I missed them terribly and its so nice to have them so close at school. Now when I'm bored we can be bored together!

A new place to decorate. 
I love decorating and I love having a place to do that. At home my room doesn't change and the decor is the same. Moving into a dorm is like moving into a new place so you get to decorate it anyway you want. I have some ideas but this year I'm just waiting until I get there to really go into detail. I do know my colors are pink and gold, pretty similar to last year but more of a theme.

Not having to cook most of my meals.
When it comes to eating I have cooking and waiting for this to cook. I usually wait until I am starving to make something so by that time I am just eating snacks and being miserable to have to cook. At college we have our food already made for us when we go to the cafe. It may not be good but its better than having to cook for yourself!


Dreadful Things :(

Having to go back to the cafe food.
Last year the food was a hit or miss, usually a miss. I was so excited to get home this summer because than I could have real food. Plus the food at school really mess up your stomach. I guess I just have to learn how to cook in a microwave again.

Six classes of work
I was in class for 13 out of my 15 weeks of summer so class isn't that bad but having 6 classes is a lot. I'm not looking forward to all the work but at the same time I can't wait to get back into the swing of things and have something to do. Call me crazy but I like having classwork to do just not 6 times the work!

Having little to no personal space
Living with someone else in a little room is never fun no matter how much you like them. I am living with one of my friends this year and we get along. But we have to share a room that essentially becomes out living room, bedroom, kitchen, and whole house for 9 months. Yes we will have a lounge but that is public and something I don't consider my space. The only good thing about my room this year is its bigger.

Having to pack up and move most of what I own
I'm one of the people who brings almost everything she owns with her back to college. I hate to leave it at home and need about 98% of it at all times. Its a lot of work packing everything up. What makes it worse is I'm a planner and have to stay organized so I stress myself out trying to make everything perfect.

Don't let any of these things scare you away from college. The pros outweigh the cons by a mile! Four days of summer left for me! I'm off to go finish packing ;)

xoxo,
Lauren

2 comments:

  1. I move back in 4 days too! I agree with the pros and cons! The con i'm not excited about is having to actually do homework again :P lol

    ReplyDelete