Thursday, August 21, 2014

What This Summer Has Taught Me

For those of you who don't know, this summer I spent 12 weeks in class, babysat the beginning of the summer, and worked at a daycare the end of the summer. It was hard and I had to sacrifice a ton but I walked away with lessons and a different view on life. It's only normal for me to want to share if you guys! Maybe it will help you see the good in your busy, stressful life.



Your coworkers can make or break your love for work. 
My main job was to work in the day camp at the daycare but if there was someone out or I was need somewhere else I moved to a different age group and room. In my time there, I worked in all but 2 rooms and with all but 4 teachers. I found there were people I loved to work with and people I wanted to avoid at all cost. When I worked with the people I liked I never wanted to leave and would work extra hours. When it came time to work with the people I didn't like or didn't make me feel included I was miserable and wouldn't want to come to work. Your coworkers really make work feel like a social event at times.

You can do what you put your mind to. 
The two classes I had to take were Anatomy and Physiology 1 and Anatomy and Physiology 2. I took A&P 1 because I failed the class in the Spring and A&P 2 was just so I could get ahead and have less stress come fall. I have to say it felt amazing to get a B+ in A&P 1 when I worked so hard and failed it the first time. In all honestly I didn't think I would ever passed the class. With A&P 2 I spent most of the 6 weeks stressing because I thought I was going to fail. Well I woke up and checked my grade on Friday morning to find out I passed with a B. I'm not afraid to say that I cried tears of joy. In the end of this I learned that no matter how big my dreams at I can accomplish them if I set my mind to them.

You have to sacrifice things to get farther in life. 
This summer I had to sacrifice a vacation, time with friends, time at home, and even my sleep. But I gained so much more! I'm closer to my career goal because I completely 2 classes I never thought I would. I also gained a new mindset that will really help me in life. One summer lost is better is nothing compared to what I gained. I have plenty of summers to go. 


This summer has been one of the most rewarding summers and I'm so glad I spent it how I did. I'm able to look back on it with pride and a sense of comfort knowing I did something good. There was no sitting around and wasting time. Here's to hoping I have a good school year and one that is just as rewarding.

xoxo,
Lauren 

No comments:

Post a Comment