Friday, August 22, 2014

First Days of College Tips

I'm about to start my second year of college and learned a few things about how to handle the college experience. I thought it would be helpful to my readers if I gave you the tips that helped me on the first few days of college.



Be Yourself!
I know this a tip everyone tells you but if you're being yourself and feel comfortable the days will go easier. Plus the people you meet will know the real you from the beginning and you won't have to keep up on act around them.

Remember Everyone Is In The Same Boat As You
Are you afraid or nervous for these classes? Are you lost? Is this something that's new to you? Well guess what?! Everyone will be dealing with these things too! They are afraid and nervous. They've never done this before! And there's a high possibility they are lost too! You're not alone in this experience and your fellow classmates know just how you fell. Hell the upperclassmen know how you feel too!

Plan Ahead
Yep it will relieve some stress if you plan ahead of the game. Try to look up a map of the campus or even walk around the campus and see where your classes are. Maybe plan a lunch date with some new friends or plan to meet with someone and walk to class together. If you walk into the classroom with someone you already know you will feel less alone.

Give Yourself Time To Get To Class
Getting to class on your first day is stressful and being late doesn't help. Leave yourself an extra 5 minutes in case you get lost. If you think it will take you 10 minutes to get to class leave 5 minutes before. You'll find out exactly how long it takes as the semester goes on.

Go To All of the Freshman Events
I know my school has 3 days of events for freshman students with fun activities and I'm sure every other school has something similar. Go to these events! They will help you meet new people and it will give you something to do. Chances are you don't know what the fun things to do around campus are so you'll just end up sitting in your dorm room if you don't go. I know I went to some of the events at my school and they not only gave me something to do but they also left me with memories.


Good luck to everyone moving in and starting college whether its your first year or your last year have a great start to the year! Enjoy it and don't let nervous get to you!

xoxo,
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment