Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Best Foods for College!

In college there is no one there to cook for you. You either have to go to your school's cafe, eat out, or make the food yourself. Cooking in a dorm is really hard, especially if you don't have a kitchen. For me I only have a microwave and a mini fridge. Overtime I have found there are some really good food that is really to make in a dorm.

One of my favorite things is these Idahoan Mash Potatoes. They are so good! I have never had something that tasted and smelled so delicious. To make everything better they are so easy to make! I recommend that everyone go buy these. My favorite are the four cheese.



A common staple in college dorms is mac and cheese. One of the most popular kinds is Kraft. I've never been a fan of Kraft microwavable mac and cheese so I went and found a different kind of microwavable mac and cheese. I have to say I love this stuff! I eat it all the time! The difference between Kraft and Velveeta is Velveeta's cheese is a liquid and not a powder. I much prefer the broccoli over the shells for some reason. You don't have to put the broccoli in the mac and cheese if you don't want to which is really good. 



I love pasta but in college I wasn't going to be able to boil water to make it. Well, they have these really good pasta dishes that are microwavable. The best part is they take 60 seconds! I really recommend getting these in all of the different kinds. The sauce and the pasta are both in the container so you don't need to worry about dealing with two things.



As for snacks and other random foods I am going to recommend things that I have found in almost every dorm room I have been in or things I have found people like to find in my room.

Popcorn. I never really ate popcorn at home but since being in college I have been eating it more. A lot of the other girls on my floor have been making popcorn. I always smell it. Its also good if you watch movies a lot, which I think you do in college more than ever.
Oreos Everyone loves Oreos! They are an amazing staple to have in your room and it never hurts to have milk too. This is on of the things I find in all of the dorm rooms. You can never go wrong with Oreos!

Candy! Whether its candy bars or little boxes of candy, candy is well loved. It's nice to have a little something to snack on and most people don't think to bring them to college. Everyone gets really excited when they see candy. You will become very popular!


Granola Bars. If you are like me and have 8 am classes and like to sleep, then granola bars will be great for you. They are easy to grab when you are running out the door to a class and easy to eat on the way to class. They are also healthy for you.





All of this food would be great even if you aren't in college, especially the microwavable stuff. They are easy to make a delicious! What are you favorite college foods? Anything I have to try?

xoxo,
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment